Friday 4 November 2011

Nanowrimo!


Nanowrimo  is National Novel Writing Month, which is during November every year. The aim of it is to promote people to write, write, write! They say aim to write about 1667 or something words a day and don't look back or edit until you're done. It's a really good way to write and I've done it for the past few years. My first year was when I was in college and I half won. I got to the goal of 50,000 words, but hadn't finished my story. I'd found out about it on the third day and just started writing, I had no plot. About half way through I started to write a plot, and I cheated a lot by having the main character remember past scenes a lot, so I didn't really win.

Over the past few years I just haven't had the time to devote myself to writing every single day, I still haven't started yet. I've actually planned stories each year, so I may revisit one of them or use a dream I had last night, involving zombies (I've been watching a lot of The Walking Dead lately) so who knows, I for sure one don't! I won't be able to start today either, I'm meeting my friends, then the boy, then work, but I actually have tomorrow off yay! Writing and fireworks!

Anyway, if you like writing, or never have and want to give it ago, Nanowrimo is a really good thing to try out! It has a great support system on the forums, pep emails sent out and people to have word wars with! Some people have even had their novels published from doing this! Over the years I see more and more people mention on facebook they're doing it, which surprises and excites me, yay! If you do join and want to add me as a friend I'm frazzledazzle (it's a veeery old username haha). Hopefully the next time I write about this topic, I'll have at least some words under my belt!

P.s This is also my fourth post for NaBloPoMo but I'm not really linking up to that, just trying to write a blog post every day :D

No comments:

Post a Comment