Thursday 6 October 2011

What's in my bag #1


I've been wanting to do a 'What's in my bag' post for awhile now but decided to do one today after seeing it on Madam Thumbs blog. I first found out about it on Flickr when I came across the What's in your bag group. I did one in 2008 which I'll include at the bottom of this post, and its interesting to see what I always have with me and what I don't. My camera is still on the wonk, but a bit less smudgy after I tried cleaning it. I still need a new camera though, I have to think how to angle the camera so I can crop the black line out and still get a nice picture. Too. Much. Work.


  • I'm carrying one of those giant Primark canvas bags since I find they hold everything I need, plus if I go shopping I can put it all in there. I never really liked using plastic bags, but now since they're charging there really is no point. It also has enough room in it for a change of clothes/work uniform and my coat.
  • I have an umbrella, also from Primark since you never know when it rains. Usually I just get umbrella's from the lost and found box in work, if no one's collected them in months, since I lose them or break them all the time.
  • My make up bag, not really much make up in there though.
  • Receipts and bus tickets, most of them are in my purse.
  • Dry shampoo! I love using this after work, I have to wear a hat, and hat hair sucks!
  • Cheapy Tecso spray, it smells lush. Everyone always asks what it is when they smell it lol.
  • Cheapy Tesco hand cream, I go through loads, in fact I need some now!
  • A plaster, since you never know? I'm so clumsy.
  • Make up powder from Tesco, the lids broken so I'm using a bobble to keep it together. I use Benefit powder at home, but I've dropped two in the past and it goes everywhere and its so expensive I use Tesco when out and about, and that has been dropped a few times too as you can see.
  • Usb stick, for swapping films and music and had my old dissertation on it.
  • iPod nano in a pretty blue colour which you can't see. If i'm on the bus without it I want to kill myself, a lot of chavs and crazy people get on my bus :(
  • Broken hairbrush, I usually have a cute kokeshi doll one which I've lost.
  • Student discount booklet from the freshers fair.
  • Lego mini figures! Me and my boyfriend collect them, I should do a post on that one day haha. These ones are a Zookeeper and a man in a Hazard suit.
  • My Sony Ericsson phone, I recently had to buy a new replacement one, there was so much hassle, don't go with the Carphone Warehouse! Or if you do, don't go on their insurance, sucks.
  • Monster energy drink. I needed energy for work yesterday and it was buy two for £2 so why not.
  • Brisingr by Christopher Paolini, I keep forgetting to give it back to my friend, so it's living in my bag at the moment, and is very heavy >.< 
  • Cute little hand bookmark thing, I have it in a few colours ^_^
  • Sketchbook from Paperchase, with string tied around it to hold loose papers. The outfit posts I draw are in there.
  • Inky black pen, hello kitty pencil and a random pencil.
  • A bucket, yes a bucket, from a Nando's stall at the freshers fair. My boyfriend gave it to me today, so that's why it's in my bag.
  • Purse from accessorize. You can't see the details in this picture, but its so pretty.
  • Cute camera case from Paperchase.
  • Diary and pen from Paperchase, to keep track of my life, otherwise I forget! It has elephants on it :)


  • My make up bag is from H&M, I was tempted to buy it in all the patterns.
  • Soap & glory Bright Here, Bright Now instant-radiance energy balm.
  • Primark mascara, which is actually pretty good considering how cheap it was, it was only meant to be as a back up, I keep losing things!
  • Face cream incase of spots.
  • Free liquid eyeliner from a random magazine, can't remember what, but I got it for this. It's amazing, but I don't know the make so I can't buy it again :(
  • Eyeliner from Accessorize.
  • Blusher from Bourjois Paris. I love the little brush that comes with it.
  • Burts Bees lipbalm, with all the label off which I've just noticed now, weird.
  • Some hairgrips.
So that was what was in my bag today, and here is what was in my bag three years ago! I should really do these more often, but its nice to see what's changed in such a large amount of time.


  • My friend went to Kenya and had this bag made for me <3
  • Wreck This Journal which I've doodled stars on the front. I really need to carry on with that.
  • Old Sony Ericsson phone, I really do love the make, with a cute giraffe phone charm.
  • Old Billabong purse which was a christmas present, with two keyrings, one with my name on, the other saying I'm addicted to bed.
  • Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff, pokemon toys for my One Obect 365 Days Project.
  • Spare batteries.
  • Receipts.
  • Key to my house with a ribbon, which I've lost.
  • A stapler, I was looking to buy staples to match I think.
  • Old iPod nano.
  • Doctor who notebook.
  • Cheapy biro.
  • Tesco make up powder.
  • Ted baker travel body spray thing.
  • Nivea hand cream.
  • Hair brush.
So as you can see, a few things haven't changed at all, but I do carry way more things now. I'm not sure whether I should try to cut down or not! Anyway it was fun doing this, so I'll try to keep doing it every few months or so. It's also really addictive going through the group I linked to above's photos, I just find it really interesting to see what is in peoples bags.




No comments:

Post a Comment