Tuesday 27 September 2011

Meet Darcy


When I woke up this morning, it was sunny and warm, I was quite shocked! It's been pretty dismal weather down here for awhile, and I was going to get all my winter clothes out soon. I'm glad I didn't now.  Apparently it's going to be nice all this week, but I didn't believe it till I saw the sun shining! The sun makes me happy, it just makes everything pretty, and it makes the sea sparkle and I can tell loads of people will be going to the beach and down mumbles today. 

Unfortunately, I can't. I had a driving lesson (it went well!) and got dropped off at home from my boyfriends (I spend more time there than I do here!) so I couldn't go down the beach unless I get a bus back. Meh. Anyways when I got home I found a package waiting for me! The kitten I'd ordered from Being Little has arrived! I've always wanted one of her kitten dolls, they're so cute, so I jumped at the chance to buy one.


I decided to name her Darcy, since I really like that for a girls name, and it suits her I reckon! I always name my teddies or random toys. Yes I have toys, you can blame the One Object 365 Days Project for that! I've half done two projects on that, which I really should finish one day! Anyway back to hand! Darcy's posing in my boot since I love them! They're from Primark and are pretty good quality, I love the colour, the laces and the pattern on the side. I've worn them every day since I got them.


A close up of Darcy. I really like the simple white pattern, and the ribbon is cute. I'd love to make cat dolls or rabbit dolls or normal dolls myself, but when I did try it ended a disaster! But I really will try to make some before Christmas since that gives me a few months to practice. I feel guilty that I've not used my sewing machine for over half a year >.<


A close up of the business card that was tucked into Darcy's ribbon, cats are so cute, and this is an adorable illustration. If you can't tell, I really like cats! I miss my old cat, so I sometimes steal my neighbours cat. Well not really, she likes to come into our house and scare the crap out of you when you think you're alone! But then she gives you cwtches afterwards, so I don't mind.

As you can see from these photos, I should probably get a new camera soon. I can crop out the black line most of the times, but half the photos can be smudged so that's hard to crop around. I always seem to break camera's all the time, but I have no clue how this happened. It just did a few months ago and I've refused to buy a new one till it properly breaks, but I don't know how much longer I can last! Oh well, I'm off to have a sandwich and go read outside in the sun, I'm on the third of the series, Brisinger by Christoper Paolini now.

No comments:

Post a Comment