Thursday 8 December 2011

Glossy Box (#1)


My first glossy box arrived the other day! Glossy box is where you subscribe £10 each month plus p&p to get a box filled with five sample products of beauty products. I was sooo excited to get it. I bought the November one on the last day of November, and haven't been home for a few days so I don't know when it actually arrived lol. The cardboard box it came in was cute, I love packaging but thought taking a picture of that might be a bit too much crazy, you know? It's the same design as the inside of the box which you can just about see in the picture below. I really like the packaging of this product, simple, pretty, and the colours go well together. I also like collecting pretty boxes to put things in, so will definitely be reusing this box for makeup and such. 


I took this photo after I'd already opened it, so the ribbon was much better the first time around, and it has a sticker, stickers are always good in my book, oh and tissue paper. Bored of the packing now? Okay, onto the products!


From left to right, I had the Nail Rock Designer Nail Wraps in Polka dot. Illamasqua Freak Eau De Parfum, Arbonne Ultra Hydrating Hand Creme and Silderm Body Oil. I was missing one item, the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Shampoo, but I tweeted GlossyBox and they told me to email them to sort it out, so fingers crossed.

I loved the nail wraps, but my nails a bit too short for them at the moment, unless I chop them in half! (I watched Dream House the other day and chewed them all off, darn scary films). The perfumes nice, but a bit too strong, I tend to like sweeter floral scents, but will be using this tonight as I'm going to a 1940's party. I love hand creme, and I LOVED this one. I only needed a small amount for my hands and its really soft and creamy and lasts longer than my usual, which okay is Tesco but I go through so much I can't afford normal priced hand cremes :P The last one is something I've never tried before but have wanted to, but never really wanted to buy it as its expensive and there's no real need, I just have a tiny few but I'll see if it works.

Overall, loved the box! I just had one complaint, the missing shampoo, but they replied to me straight away and hopefully it'll get sorted out soon. I am very excited about the Christmas one and can't wait to see what's in that!

Update! They are sending me one, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment