Hey guess what? I've been nominated for my first ever blog award! Craaazy right? But I'm super happy, yay! Natasha over at The Tyrannosaur nominated me for it :) You should check out her blog since it has a) A cool name, b) she posts DIYs, c) pictures of pretty clothes and d) her paintings are good which make me very jealous!
Now the Liebster Blog Award is given to your favourite blogs with less than 200 followers, which is a pretty sweet idea for us small bloggers. I'd never heard of the Liebster Blog Award until now, but I've always seen these type of awards and wished I had one, and now I do! What you have to do for is to list 11 facts about yourself, answer 11 questions and ask 11 questions which the rules below will explain in more depth.
1. You must link back to the person who gave the award to you!
2. Post eleven things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the person giving you the award has set for you.
4. Create 11 questions for the people to answer that you have given the award to.
5. Choose people to give the award to and link them in your post.
6. Go to their blog and tell them
7. You can't give the award back to the blogger who gave it you you!
11 (boring) facts about me
1. I graduated uni last year and I'm still looking for jobs in schools!
2. I never watched TV when I was younger (just films) until I was about ten, so whenever people go on about well known shows from their childhood I usually don't have a clue what they are.
3. I have three brothers! They drive me crazy but I couldn't imagine having only one or two or none!
4. I've broken my left wrist three times and sprained it twice, so now I've learnt NOT to fall on it.
5. I really want to join my local roller skating derby but I'm a bit too chicken to go just yet! Plus I'm really clumsy.
6. I work at a cinema, which means I get to see films for free!
7. I'm super clumsy, in fact I won the award for that in work. People actually voted for me out of 30 people to win it, proudest day of my life! Joke...
8. My boyfriends moving to Portugal in September so depending on the job front here, or there, I might be moving sometime after Christmas.
9. I'm in the process of making an etsy shop but I want to have loads of stock for it first.
10. I'm addicted to exclamation marks!!!
11. I'm a bookworm. I like to read books in one go if I can. However if I put it down more than 3 times then it actually takes me months to pick it up again.
The Questions I have to answer
1. What was the first film you ever saw?
I can't really remember, this is probably wrong but I think it was The Land Before Time. They filled up a lot of my early childhood along with Disney.
2. Flats or heels?
Flats! I rarely wear heels, although I lust after them all the time but my feet thank me for it. Plus my boyfriends the same height as me and I don't like being taller than him!
3. Who is your fictional crush?
Oh I don't know, I tend to fall in love with characters easily! Hmm I might have to go with Peeta from The Hunger games because he is just all kinds of aww.
4. What is your favourite pudding?
Angel delight, or chocolate mississippi mud pie.
5. What is your favourite quote?
It's hard to pick, but one I'll always remember is from when I studied King Lear in college. "It is the stars, the stars above us, govern our conditions".
6. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Egg fried rice, with sesame seeds adding in, yum!
7. Why did you start blogging/what keeps you blogging?
I've been blogging on and off since I was about 13 on various sites so I don't really know why I just always sort of have done. However they've mainly just been online diaries, so maybe they don't count. I love reading other peoples blogs and wanted to join in I guess? What keeps me blogging this time around is the social side of it which I never really had before.
8. Do you have a party trick or secret talent?
Not really, but I suppose this might count. You know how some people can bend their thumbs forward to their wrists? I can do that, but I can also bend it backwards so its parallel to my arm. Apparently that's a bit weird and freaks people out.
9. What is the most expensive item in your wardrobe?
No clue, I usually buy my clothes from Primark, H&M, Dorothy Perkins and New Look. Oh wait, maybe my prom dress?
10. What is the biggest bargain in your wardrobe?
I bought a dress from Debenhams for £5 but it originally cost £85.
11. What is your favourite social networking site?
Does Instagram count? I <3 Instagram!
Questions for you to answer!
1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
2. What item of clothing (or shoes) is at the top of your wishlist?
3. What features do you like to read on blogs? I.e Wishlists, Instagram posts, Outfit posts etc
4. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
5. What's your best beauty tip?
6. Where would you go on Holiday if money wasn't an issue?
7. What celebrity would you love to meet?
8. What was one of the first blogs you started to read/follow?
9. What made you start blogging?
10. Do you prefer books or films?
11. If you could have any super hero power, what would it be? And no, you can't have multi powers or the ability to use other peoples powers.
I'm not sure how many people I have to tag, so I'll copy Natasha and tag three people. I'm tagging Samantha, Jen, and Angie. I love reading their blogs, they all have regular features I like to read and are lovely people, so check them out pretty please :)
P.S My giveaway ends at Midnight tonight so check it out if you want to enter!