Wednesday 9 January 2013

Winter: Instagrammed


Saying goodbye. Glossybox. Blonde hair! Baby Mason. Cupcakes.
New Skates. Bloody Misty. Jack Skellington Pumpkin. Pikachu onesie. She Said Beauty.
Breakfast in Paris. Disneyland. Hassling the Hoff. Hen Night. Chocolate fountain,
Bride and Groom. I like cake. Jetting off to Portugal. Nerf Guns. Stila Makeup.
Christmas Bokeh. Me and the boy. Ho Ho Ho mug. Boxing day. New Years Eve. 
Well.... above is a little Insta-catch-up of what I've been up to over Winter, if you take away a lot of work, and um, sleeping... and the occasional catch up with friends. I'll roughly do a paragraph per row of photos/month!

In September (Holy Crow! That's a long time ago!) I said goodbye to my boyfriend as he moved to Portugal! It sucked, but I'm okay now. I received lots of Glossyboxes and She Said Beauty Boxes (second row). I dyed my hair blonde! It was horribly yellow and then I dyed it  dark blond, which turned brown, and faded to a nice natural looking blonde, but I desperately need to sort out my roots! My friend had her baby! Mason is soooo tiny and gorgeous and oh my gaaawd I need to snuggle with him right now. Oh and I also did a lot of baking.

In October I bought all of the roller derby kit, which cost quite a lot but it was worth it. I bought those dashes above, and the knee pads and helmet and what not. I'm meant to be going up for min skills at the end of Jan but we've had weeks off 'cause off Christmas so I'm not sure I'll make it this time, but you never know. For Halloween I finally dressed up as Misty from Pokemon. I've wanted to do that for aaages but never did, and I made it more halloweeny with blood of course! It was also the second year of pumpkin carving for me and I did Jack Skellington. I think he looks good but I need more practice! I bought a Pikachu onesie ready for a blanket fort party, and I want to wear it everywhere now.

In November, I went to Paris for my friends hen weekend. We also went to Disneyland and it was awesome, I'll blog about it another time. We also had a hen night for her a week before the wedding which was fun, we had loads of dares which I didn't do and bought shots instead as the alternative! (No way was I flashing my bra! In Public! When I was wearing a dress! :O ) I hassled the hoff and other 80's men in the photo above in Reflex. My friend also had to carry around Simon. He was a naked blow up doll and looked a little bit like Simon Cowell hence the name. I covered up him up for that photo though haha.

Then it was also my friends wedding! It's crazy, they've been together since we were all 15-16, that was 7-8 years ago now! They're also the ones who had Mason, so even though its strange to me to think that she's married with a baby at 22, it also feels like it's about darn time! They had a gorgeous wedding, with a chocolate fountain and pic n' mix! Awesome! I wasn't actually a bridesmaid, but during the grooms speech he thanked the bridesmaids and included me at the end! I think I was originally going to be a bridesmaid if she was having six, but she went for four in the end. Oh wells, I still had fun! But my brother was best man grrr (just joking about the grr).

In December (well end of Nov) I then jetted off to Portugal! I went to Coimbra to visit my boyfriend which I'll also blog about another time. But it was pretty fun going to two different countries in the same month! I attended a Blanket Fort (from Community) party as well in December, where I wore my Pikachu onesie, and had epic nerf fun wars. I was, very competitive lets say and total won! And I did loads of Christmas shopping but couldn't help but buy the Stila eye make up palette above, its beautiful. I debated for weeks whether to get it or not and finally caved.

So end of December my boyfriend came home, which wasn't as long as I liked. We fit in quite a lot while he was here though, seeing his family, friends, going for drinks, seeing films in the cinema, ice skating etc. We also celebrated Christmas and he spolit me rotten again, but I spoilt him too so it's okay! And then for New Years, we went over some work friends house and played beer pong, sung karaoke (or in my case I filmed them!) and had lots of fun!

So that's a brief gist of what I've been up to. Or rather what I instagrammed. I forget to use it for days at a time but oh well. You wouldn't really want me to write up every tiny detail of my life anyways! So I'm hoping I'll get back into the swing of blogging, and I need to do some catching up on other peoples blogs! It's a very daunting task!

8 comments:

  1. Baby Mason is such a cutie!
    Glad to hear you're doing okay with your boyfriend's move, is it permanent? It sounds hard!

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, well, he wants to work abroad for a few years and wants to stay in Portugal for at least two years and then pick a different country. I'm hoping he picks France!

      Lisa xx

      Delete
  2. I love your hair blonde. I so want to try going ombre, but I'm way to much of a chicken!

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! And I really wanted to do ombre too!

      I think you should go for it. Just be prepared to buy hair dye if it goes wrong, and lather it in conditioner :D

      Lisa xx

      Delete
  3. Loved this post, sounds like you've had a fab few months! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hopefully the next few will be lovely too :)

      Lisa xx

      Delete
  4. Aw hope it isn't too bad being apart from your boyfriend!Love all the pictures so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting used to it, it'll be harder when work dies down but I'll have to find other things to keep me busy :)

      Lisa xx

      Delete